Indivisible Nation BK
Promoting civic participation and engagement in the fight for justice, sustainability, and equality.
Indivisible Nation BK (INBK) is a not for profit organization dedicated to promoting civic participation and engagement in the fight for justice, sustainability, and equality. We use the Indivisible Guide’s five strategies—calls/letter campaigns, town halls, meetings, public events, and elections—to push our local, state, and federal representatives to resist authoritarianism, corruption, and intolerance; protect democracy; and stand up for our communities. We work closely with Get Organized BK, the Indivisible Team, NY Renews, Make the Road, the True Blue Coalition and 350 Brooklyn. Our overarching goal is to foster engagement and participation in the political process, making activism as easy and accessible — and sometimes even fun — as possible.
- generated thousands of calls to elected officials across the country on the issues by sharing “Flood the Lines” calling scripts daily on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- hand delivered over 30,000 individually signed letters to Senators Schumer and Gillibrand, our Brooklyn Representatives, State Senators and Governor Cuomo from our bi-monthly tabling events (which we have been doing since January 2017
- met with multiple elected officials in person including Senator Schumer, Reps. Nydia Velazquez, Hakeem Jeffries, Yvette Clarke, as well as with their staff.
- hosted many rallies and events, including the Rally for Peace & Sanity in Grand Army Plaza and Fight Back Like a Girl event featuring Lizz Winstead of Lady Parts Justice, and comedians Aparna Nancherla, Maysoon Zayid, and Sasheer Zamata
- produced videos, such as Why We Call and the upcoming, Why We Vote
- INBK has so far endorsed in 4 local races, including Liuba Grechen Shirly in NY2, Zellnor Myrie in SD20, Ross Barkan in SD22, and Max Rose in NY11
How to get involved
INBK hosts monthly meetings on the first Wednesday of the month at Commons Cafe (388 Atlantic Avenue). We host 1-2 working meetings a month, which you can find out about in our weekly email and by joining our Slack team. Stop by or volunteer at our bi-monthly tabling events at the Farmers Markets at Grand Army Plaza and Fort Greene Park. Share and retweet our scripts, calls to action and events on Facebook and Twitter.