- This event has passed.
Medicare and Medicaid at 54, forum and celebration
August 2, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
HEAL NY is co-sponsoring this Medicare & Medicaid Anniversary celebration hosted by Metro New York Health Care for All. Please RSVP at one of the links below if you can attend.
Medicare and Medicaid at 54, An Anniversary Forum and Celebration
Fri. Aug. 2nd, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
District Council 1707 AFSCME
420 West 45th Street (bet. 9th & 10 Aves.) in Manhattan
(Take A, C, or E train to 42nd St., or 1, 2, 3, 7, N, Q, R, S, W train to Times Square)
• 9:30 – Coffee and conversation
• 10:00 – Welcome and Introductions
• 10:15 – What Medicare and Medicaid Mean to New York and Everyday New Yorkers
• 10:30 — What’s Going on in Washington about the Future of Medicare and Medicaid
• 11:15 – What’s Happening to Protect, Improve, and Expand Medicare and Medicaid
• 12 noon – Cake, ice cream, and refreshments!
Hosted by Metro New York Health Care for All
Co-sponsors [list in formation]: Campaign for NY Health; District Council 1707 AFSCME; Gray Panthers NYC; Health Care for America Now-NYC; Health Equity Action League of NY; Medicare Rights Center; NYS Nurses Assoc.; Peace Action of Staten Island; Physicians for a National Health Program, NY Metro; UFT Retirees
RSVPs please! (so we can order enough refreshments). RSVP here
or on Facebook.
More info: email@example.com * 646-887-0305